This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please read the disclaimer.
While I do occasionally talk about being frugal, I’m a big fan of maximum value. For example, the best meal that could feed the family without cooking is Little Caesars Pizza. That said, “value” doesn’t mean the best. Today, I want to create an epic list of 312 ‘buy it for life’ products that only require you to buy it once and without worrying about getting a replacement (or darn close).
During my dirty basement days, I often kept buying the cheapest goods. From cookware to clothes, it became very apparent that in the long-run I’d be spending more money compared to buying a top quality product once.
Now I’ll admit, not all products are meant to last until the end of time. But with lifetime warranties, stellar quality, and critical acclaim from users, these products only need to be purchased once without much worry of needing to be replaced and thus are ‘buy it for life’ worthy.
I’m going to go through a massive list of products that either
- Are simply known to last a lifetime (or just about)
- Products that are comparable that provide maximum value.
That way, you can make the decision on the best quality or the best value. In some cases, they could be one and the same. In other cases, there is more than 1 ‘buy it for life’ product depending on how it’s used.
Your Guide To 312 Products That Last A Lifetime
Should you buy everything you see? HELL NO! I get that impulse buying is a thing, but don’t buy everything at once. Look at the categories and sections below for recommended buy it for life products.
Be sure to bookmark this page as this list will change based on your feedback. See if there is anything that you need or are interested in, then decide if it’s worth buying.
Moderation is key. Of course, you don’t have to listen to a random guy from the internet at all, but I want to try to help :). In some cases it could be cheaper to buy 20 crappy products vs 1 good product, but that would defeat the purpose of “buy it for life”.
That said, you’ll notice that I’m primarily going to be talking about things that are around the house since those will be the most relevant to your day-to-day life. Also, be sure to properly maintain and take care of your products. Often spending 5 minutes cleaning or following the maintenance instructions every 6 months can increase the utility of these items beyond a lifetime.
Let’s dive in! Click any link and you’ll be directed to the proper area.
Around The Kitchen
Garage & Tools
Yard Work & Outside
Home & Office
Sports and Outdoors
Professional Clothing & Traveling Accessories
Buy It Once For Life: Kitchen & Cooking Products
As an avid fan of Gala apples, I do enjoy eating apples until I get to the core. But the core itself ruined my experience half the time. Then something wonderful happened, I got myself an apple cutter! The great thing with apple cutters is that as long as the handles are well made, they pretty much last forever and are buy it for life worthy. Best part? They only cost about $10.
1. $11 -> Progressive GPC-2701 Prepworks Thin Apple Slicer and Corer, 16 slices
2. $7 -> Utopia Kitchen Apple Slicer – Corer – Divider – Cutter – Wedger Tool
When it comes to long-lasting bakeware, getting mid-tier quality products cost at least $100 and can last a pretty long time. The gold standard for buy it for life bakeware Le Creuset. Depending on the total set size, your price range will vary.
3. $130 -> Le Creuset4-Piece Stoneware Set PG0016SLT-78, Cerise
4. $90 -> USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel 6 Pieces Set
5. $430 -> Le Creuset 18 Piece Bakers Kitchen Set (Flame)
If you noticed that your baking sheets always turn black after a while, you aren’t alone. The general consensus is that most of then eventually turn black unless you get a commercial grade bakers sheet. Protip: Try either using aluminum foil keep it aesthetically pleasing and your backing sheets will end up being ‘buy it for life’ worthy..
6. $10 -> AirBake Nonstick Cookie Sheet, 14 x 16 in
7. $25 -> Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
It seems that every couple of years I get a new blender because the previous one broke. And be “me”, I mean, “my wife” as she is the one who uses it religiously. You don’t have to spend thousands on an industrial grade blender, but you will be in good hands with these great blenders for home use. Vitamax is the leader when it comes to buy it for life blenders, just food for thought (ha).
8. $380 -> Vitamix 5200 Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Container, Black
9. $175 -> Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with FourSide Jar (64 oz)
All you need is a solid built metallic bottle opener. I prefer the all mounted versions as opposed to the refrigerator magnets or hand grip options. Mainly because even if it’s “buy it for life”, I prefer not losing my bottle opener.
10. $12 -> “Fuck It Let’s Drink”Wall Mount Bottle Opener (Best for obvious reasons)
11. $4 -> Twine Rustic Farmhouse Wall Mounted Bottle Opener
Butcher Block + Oil
I’m gonna separate “butcher block” and “cutting boards” as to me, butcher blocks are meant for super heavy duty use such as chopping and slashing meats/veggies/etc. You want a very thick butcher block that won’t crack or split. Of course, you need to make sure you take care of it by not letting it soak in water. Luckily, you can always use butcher block oil to keep it fresh.
12. $70 -> Large End Grain Bamboo Antibacterial Butcher Block | Non-Slip Rubber Feet by Top Notch Kitchenware
13. $40 -> Pratico Kitchen Reversible Organic End Grain Butcher Chopping Block – 16.5 x 13.5 x 2 inches
14. $9 -> John Boos MYSB Mystery Butcher Block Oil, 16 Ounce Bottle
OXO is built to last and pretty easy to use when it comes to can openers. I just hate it when the metal doesn’t pinch hard enough to actually puncture the damn can. Also, screw electrical can openers you likely won’t get a buy it for life can opener if it’s electrical.
15. $22 -> OXO Good Grips Smooth Edge Can Opener
16. $10 -> Swing-A-Way Portable Can Opener, White
Carbon Steel Pan / Skillet
This is a neat little type of skillet that is very similar to cast iron cookware, but it is very light way in comparision and has similar properties. These types of skillets are built to last decades.
17. $66 -> MINERAL B Round Carbon Steel Fry Pan 11-Inch
18. $38 -> Lodge CRS12 Carbon Steel Skillet, Pre-Seasoned, 12-inch
8. Cast Iron Pan / Skillet
As someone who has recently taken the dive into cooking more, I am learning how amazing cast iron skillets can be. They might take some time to heat up, but they keep hot and it’s my go-to for all cooking. I use my Lodge skillet and I cannot recommend it enough! You don’t really need to spend more than $30 on a sizable skillet and they are much cheaper for the smaller skillets.
19. $28 -> Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet – 12 Inch Ergonomic Frying Pan with Assist Handle
20. $21 -> Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12.5 inch) by Utopia Kitchen
A top quality Chef’s knife is not only versatile, but they are primarily designed for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing. Make sure to keep your blades sharpened over time as they may require maintenance. Victorinox and Shun are both known for their durability and quality.
21. $145 -> Shun DM0760 Classic Asian Chef’s Knife, 7-Inch
22. $45 -> Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s FFP
I’ll get straight to the point with fine china, considering that people keep fine china and never use it already makes any set of china dinnerware ‘buy it for life’. But that’s like, my opinion. Even so, there is a lot of fine china that exists. My recommendations are merely a starting point.
23. $60 ->Lenox Federal Gold Bone China 5 Piece Place Setting
24. $240 -> Lenox Holiday 5-Piece Place Setting, Ivory
25. $18 -> OXO Good Grips Box Grater
26. $9 -> Cheese-Grater-Vegetable-Slicer Stainless Steel – 6-sides, 9.5 Inch Height, Rubber Handle
Getting a coffee grinder that is well made and maintained can last decades. Often taking the ‘commercial coffee grinder’ route technically is optimal as they are built for heavy use. But for those that want to grind their own coffee beans and save money compared to going to a Starbuck, any of these options will work. I’ve included a manual coffee grinder as well as it can also last a pretty long time.
27. $126 -> Capresso 565.05 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder With Deluxe Bundle
28. $30 -> WANCLE Coffee Grinder Electric One-Touch (value pick, YMMV)
29. $27 -> Khaw-Fee HG1B Manual Coffee Grinder with Conical Ceramic Burr
There is going to be a lot of chatter in regards to ‘buy it for life’ coffee makers. Now, similar to coffee grinders, often getting a commercial quality coffee maker is going to last you until the end of time. That said, if you do make coffee occasionally, you can find a mid-tier coffee maker that does a great job.
On the flipside, there is a lot praise that comes with french presses. I’ve included them here as a well made french press is always a great option.
30. $265 -> BUNN 33200.0015 VPR-2GD 12-Cup Pourover Commercial Coffee Brewer
31: $60 -> Hamilton Beach (49980A) Single Serve Coffee Maker and Coffee Pot Maker, Programmable
32. $98 -> Frieling USA Double Wall Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker with Patented Dual Screen, Polished, 36-Ounce
33. $30 -> AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Entry into getting a buy it for life corkscrew is pretty low. As long as you know where your corkscrew is located, you really won’t ever have a need to replace it. That said, avoid the $2 corkscrews and get the lifetime primo stuff.
34. $18 -> GITKO Waiters Corkscrew -with a Comfortable Rosewood Handle
35. $10 -> Professional Wine Opener by HiCoup – Natural Rosewood All-in-one Waiters Corkscrew
Crockpot / Slow Cooker
Most crockpots & slow cookers usually have one function: cook a bunch of food slowly. These products are meant to be handled in high heat so you’ll get plenty of use out of them and it’s likely that your children will be using them once they grow up.
36. $29 -> Hamilton Beach 33262A Stay or Go Slow Cooker, 6-Quart
37. $40 -> Lodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron with Dual Handles, Pre-Seasoned, 5-Quart
Cutting boards IMO are meant for normal use cutting of unions, tomatoes, veggies, apples, spices, etc. They aren’t meant to be used for heavy chopping. If they were, they would be butcher blocks. Cutting boards require maintenance so don’t soak them in water and be sure to get some oils to keep the surface fresh.
38. $20 -> EXTRA LARGE Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
39. $13 -> Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board (17 by 12 inch) – Utopia Kitchen
Getting an authentic Dutch oven can last many lifetimes. As mentioned before, Le Creuset has set the gold standard when it comes to cookware that stands the test of time, including a dutch oven. You can go the cast iron route as well which provides you the biggest bang for your buck.
On the flipside, if you want a free dutch oven, usually your spouse can provide one to you when you’re laying on the bed.
40. $310 -> Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven
41. $40 -> Lodge L8DD3 Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven, 5-Quart
During the 30+ hours it took me to write this article (yes, links + content + images + WordPress freezing because of this 10K word article takes a while) my food processor broke. So, I’m taking my own advice and gonna make sure I get one that lasts more than 4 years.
42. $160 -> Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
43. $50 -> Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor (70725A) (value pick)
Food storage containers (Glass)
When it comes to food storage containers, anything glass will almost always last a lifetime. The main question you need to be asking is, “what set should I get?” Depending on how often you store food, it will vary. Although my personal preference is Pyrex.
44. $48 -> Snapware 20 piece Tempered Glasslock Storage Containers with Snaplock Lid
45. $30 -> Pyrex Simply Store 10-Piece Glass Food Storage Set with Blue Lids
46. $27 -> Anchor Hocking 10-Piece TrueSeal Storage Set
As someone who really loves bar food, I am a boarderline addict when it comes to eating fried food. Secura seems to be the go-to when it comes to friers. Now this will last a long time. But if you eat fried foods everyday, a ‘lifetime’ might go by faster than normal.
47. $65 -> Secura 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer
48. $100 -> Secura Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Basket, 3.2 Quart
You can get a decent set of glass bakeware that can handle the oven heat and won’t ever crack. I don’t know the name of my glass bakeware set but it’s lasted me 7+ years so far and most sets are less than $20. And wouldn’t you now it, Pryex strikes again!
49. $17 -> Pyrex Basics Clear Oblong Glass Baking Dishes, 2 Piece Value-plus Pack Set
50. $15 -> AmazonBasics Glass Oblong Baking Dishes – 2-Pack
Pretty much any grill you get can stand the test of time. If it’s gas, make sure you have the proper propane and propane accessories. As for charcoal grills, pretty much Weber grills are made to last. Although it wouldn’t hurt to get a grill cover.
51. $100 -> Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
52. $30 -> Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
If you are someone what has been reading from the start, you’ll soon realize that getting commercial grade quality products are almost required when it comes to using blades (ex: food processors, coffee grinders, etc).
A juicer is something I wouldn’t skimp on at all. My previous juicer had no place to dump the waste so I had to juice over the sink. If you plan to take juicing seriously, make sure you do it right.
53. $340 -> Champion Juicer G5-PG710 – BLACK Commercial Heavy Duty Juicer (EMPHATIC YES)
54. $256 -> Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage Slow Speed Masticating Juicer
Not all of us plan to become the next iron chef. We just want a painless cutting experience right from the get go. Knives can get expensive, fast. I like getting a set as they provide a nice bang for your buck. If you need a particular knife, THEN get a single knife.
Maintenance and proper care are required to get the most out of our knives. That said, they should last awhile.
55. $350 -> Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set (Acacia)
56. $95-> J.A. Henckels International Statement 15 Piece Knife Block Set (my household knife set)
Measuring Cups (Liquid)
57. $14 -> Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
58. $11 -> Anchor Hocking Fire-king 16 Oz Glass Measuring Cup
Measuring Cups & Spoons (Non-Liquid)
I’ll be the first one to shamefully admit that I currently have 3 to 4 different sets of measuring cups and spoons (non-liquid). My main problem is that I keep losing them, usually that happens to plastic sets. Chunk up the extra few dollars to get a metal set that is easy to locate.
59. $29 -> 13 Piece Measuring Cups And Spoons Set, Sturdy & Stainless Steel 7 Measuring Cups and 6 Measuring Spoons
60. $22 -> U-Taste 10 Piece Measuring Cups and Spoons Set in 18/8 Stainless Steel
61. $15 -> Pyrex 1118441 Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece, Clear
62. $25 -> Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl
Fun fact: Microwaves don’t last for life! Wait, that’s not fun at all. Oh, shit. Okay, tell you what, I’ll just focus on the best value microwaves. But realistically, most new microwaves are pretty much the same so pay attention to the features / looks that fit your needs. Ok, I’ll stop rambling about them.
63. $74 -> Nostalgia RMO770RED Retro 0.7 Cubic Foot Microwave Oven
64. $90 -> Toshiba EM925A5A-BS Microwave Oven with Sound on/Off Eco Mode and LED Lighting
Mortar and pestle
Conjuring up a new potion? Practicing your inner Elder Scrolls herbalist skills? Or if you are most people, you probably just want to make some guac. I like the granite mortar and pestle’s though.
65. $19 -> Health Smart Granite Mortar and Pestle
66. $17 -> Sage Premium Solid Marble Mortar & Pestle Set – Heavy Duty Solid Stone
Sometimes your knife gets lonely and needs a partner, that’s where a paring knife comes in. Give your knife a friend. Happy knife, happy life.
But seriously, these knifes should be hand-washed if you want to use them for slicing and pairing.
67. $38 -> Mac Knife Chef Series Paring Knife, 4-Inch
68. $15 -> Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Paring Knife, 3.5 Inch
Here’s something people don’t know, the metal and stone surfaces actually destroy your pizza cutter. The pizza itself doesn’t destroy your cutter.
After destroying my 3rd pizza cutter in just as many years, I decided to pay more than $10 and haven’t needed to go back. Bonus: Level up your cutting skills and get a steel slicer.
69. $12 -> ZYLISS Pizza Cutter Wheel and Slicer
70. $21 -> 14” Pizza Cutter by Altair | Sharp Stainless Steel Slicer – Rocker Style w Blade Cover
Pots & Pans (Cookware Set)
If you are looking for top-tier pot/pan cookware set, it’s gonna cost you. I cannot stress this enough: maintainance is key. You don’t need that $2,000 set if you aren’t going to take care of it.
I’m only going to include a mid-tier and entry-tier, these aren’t cheap by any means, but assuming you aren’t a full-time cook, these should be great picks.
71. $550 -> All-Clad 401488R Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set, 10-Piece, Silver
72. $205 -> Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
I’m not a big fan of the digital/electric pressure cookers with timers. More technology = more likely to break down over time. Give me some high quality metal and a well-make cooker any day. Buy a pressure cooker and never have to worry about replacing it ever again.
73. $81 -> Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
74. $59 -> Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Protein Shaker Bottle
Most protein shaker bottles are the same, I prefer the taller ones since I won’t forget to misplace them compared to the smaller one. You get max value in getting sets (2+).
75. $15 -> BlenderBottle Classic Loop Top Shaker Bottle, Colors May Vary, 28-Ounce 2-Pack
76. $9 -> BlenderBottle Classic Loop Top Shaker Bottle, 28-Ounce, Aqua/Aqua
There is a lot of debate on getting refrigerator that can for multiple decades. There is a lot of validity in the “they don’t make’em like they used to” when it comes to fridges. However, while old school refrigerators can last 50+ years, they are power hogs and not efficient.
New refrigerators are much more efficient and some claim that they aren’t made to last as long as their old school counterparts.
All I know is that if you live in a house and don’t plan to move for a long-time, get a top-tier fridge and not worry about it. Alternatively, sunfrost can make you a custom refrigerator that can last longer than most competitors.
77. $999 -> Kenmore Elite 79042 24.1 cu. ft. 2-Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator in White
78. Custom Made -> Check Out SunFrost Custom Refrigerator
I’m hispanic, my wife is Vietnamese. Our rice game needs to be on-point so only the best and longest lasting rice cookers will do. I’m only going to include the best and best value rice cookers. If there is a rice cooker that only cooks 1-2 cups and is cheaper (that lasts a lifetime) let me know.
79. $170 -> Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1.0-Liter
80. $71 -> Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W 5.5-Cup Micom Rice Cooker
Anything 18/8 or 18/10 stainless that isn’t made to be lightweight or ornate would be your best bet for having silverware that lasts a lifetime.
Get the biggest bang for your buck by getting a nice set.
81. $99 -> Oneida Vertica 65 Piece Fine Flatware Set, 18/10 Stainless, Service for 12
82. $53 -> Oneida B336045A Mooncrest 45-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 8
Kitchenaid is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to stand mixers. It doesn’t matter if it’s an old 80’s model you find in a garage sale, or you are tired of mixing manually. These stand mixers have been known to stand the test of time.
83. $329 -> KitchenAid KP26M1XGC 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer
84. $259 -> KitchenAid KSM150PSAC Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield
Stainless Steel Cookware
I realized that ‘pots and pans’ section and ‘stainless steel’ section would overlap. I’m still going to stick to my idea that depending on how well you maintain your cookware is reflected on how long that last. So I’m going to focus on more economical options.
85. $80 -> Cooks Standard 9-Piece Classic Stainless Steel Cookware Set
86. $206 -> Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
La Creuset strikes again with their amazing teakettle! Although I’m not going to neglect Kitchenaid as well.
87. $60 -> Le Creuset Enamel-on-Steel Zen 1-2/3-Quart Teakettle, Cerise (Cherry Red)
88. $45 -> KitchenAid 2.0-Quart Kettle with C Handle and Trim Band
Depending on the type of person you are, you really only need one quality thermos instead of getting 10+. Most buy it for life thermos are very similar with how they are built. You don’t need to break the bank for good thermos.
89. $23 -> Thermos Stainless King 40 Ounce Beverage Bottle, Stainless Steel
90. $19 -> MIRA 22 Oz Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Wide Mouth Water Bottle with 2 Caps
I might end up in heated debate in regards to toasters since you can buy 5 or 6 $25 toasters over your life which is cheaper than getting a buy it for life toaster. While that is economically true, it also defeats the purpose of buy it for life. I’ll leave it at that.
Dualit though is known as the gold standard. I’ve heard some complaints on toasters that aren’t all metal, so keep that in mind when browsing.
91. $190 -> Dualit 2-Slice Toaster, Chrome
92. $239 -> Dualit 4-Slice Toaster, Chrome
Back in my dirty basement days where I only live on a mattress with a roommate, the toaster oven was a great tool in reheating pizza and day-old fries. Nothing beats having properly made reheated food. And no, microwaves are generally terrible at handing reheated food.
Ideal for the semi-lazy person, getting a toaster oven that can last a lifetime is possible. If you are a light user you can stick to a mid-tier model. As for those who live and die by the toaster oven, getting something more heavy duty makes sense.
93. $190 -> Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
94. $60 -> Oster Large Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven, 6 Slice
Tupperware is meant to last for a long time and keep food in smaller containers. Get a nice set and never have to worry about it ever again. Some of these glass options also double down as bakeware as well, something to keep in mind.
95. $27 -> Pyrex Simply Store Glass Round Food Container Set with Multi-Colored Lids (14-Piece)
96. $40 -> Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (28-Piece)
I’m not about to get into a debate for those waffle lovers. I’m more of a “leggo my eggo” type of guy, but my wife lives the waffle life. You can spend about $20 on a cast iron waffle maker that will last forever, or focus on a more convenient option that cost a bit more.
97. $100 -> Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker, Stainless Steel
98. $20 -> Rome’s #1100 Old Fashioned Waffle Iron, Cast Iron
Unless the glasses are made from a terrible manufacturer, nearly all wine glasses are going to last a lifetime. Pick how fancy you want your glasses and move on :).
99. $63 -> Ravenscroft Crystal 18-Ounce Stemless Wine Glass, Set of 8
100. $23 -> Libbey Vina Stemless Wine Glasses
Any wine rack that is sturdy will last a lifetime. Most people prefer to have their wine racks sideways as opposed to upside down as it will prevent any potential wine from spilling once it’s uncorked. Feel free to use these wine racks as starting points. Pricing will vary based on the size of the wine rack.
101. $15 -> Sorbus Bamboo Foldable Countertop Wine Rack 6-bottles (Bamboo)
102. $17 -> Sorbus 3-Tier Stackable Wine Rack – Classic Style Wine Racks for Bottles
Say what you want, but a good wooden spoon should never break and they are super affordable. I hate plastic and metal spoons as they can melt and conduct heat. Give me a wooden spoon any day (preferably one with a handled as well).
My current wooden spoon as been with me since I can remember. Plus they are super affordable!
103. $6 -> OXO Good Grips Wooden Corner Spoon & Scraper
104. $11 -> OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
Buy It Once For Life: Garage & Tooling Products
When it comes to tools around the household and for vehicles, they are all meant to handle normal day to day use and should last for decades (and multiple lifetimes). Where you start seeing price differences is depending on if you want world class quality that requires heavy use.
Most basic car jacks will do that job pretty much forever, it’s mainly picking the type of jack that is suitable for your needs.
105. $16 -> Torin Big Red Steel Scissor Jack, 1.5 Ton (3,000 lb) Capacity
106. $48 -> Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift
A pretty useful tool overall. Considering that clamps are meant to handle a lot of pressure, you really can’t go wrong on picking a high-quality clamp that lasts a lifetime.
107. $14 -> Bessey BPC-H34 3/4-Inch H Style Pipe Clamp
108. $14 -> Bessey GSCC2.536 2.5-Inch x 36-Inch Economy Clutch Style Bar Clamp
When I used to work at a battery store, I learned a lot about the world of flashlights. The only thing I don’t recommend is getting those bulky plastic flashlights as they not only suck, but they never work in critical points in horror movies. Pretty inconvenient if you ask me.
Honestly, just check out the two products below as starting points. If you want a basic flashlight that lasts forever, go for the $27 Anker. Outside of that, there are forums that discuss the world of flashlights to help give you a better decision.
109. $57 -> Streamlight 88040 ProTac HL 750 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight
110. $26 -> Anker Super Bright Tactical Flashlight, Rechargeable
Mainly used for woodworking, getting a long-lasting hand plane is crucial. Although pricing is more tuned for quality instead of longevity. Use these as a starting point!
111. $108 -> Stanley 12-136 No. 4 Smoothing Bench Plane
112. $19 -> Stanley 12-404 No. 4 Adjustable Bench Plane with 2-Inch Cutter
Hand tools (set)
You can get away with a starter or more advanced hand tools set as you see fit. I recommend getting . a set as just buying one-offs every so often can get very annoying very fast. These tools are all metal, so they are meant to last decades.
I’m including a couple options that are focused either on cars or around the house. You can’t go wrong with either option.
113. $99 -> STANLEY STMT73795 Mixed Tool Set, 210-Piece
114. $179 -> DEWALT DWMT75049 Mechanics Tools Set (192 Piece)
People tend to get mixed up on a multitool vs a swiss army knife. The general consensus is that a multitool is better compared to a swiss army knife. Multitools should last you a lifetime and price more so picking out the tools desired.
115: $27 -> Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier [22-01471]
116. $85 -> Leatherman – Wave Multitool, Black with MOLLE Sheath (FFP)
Usually used sparingly, you just need a standard brush. As long as you don’t let the paint dry over and over again, paintbrushes are cheap and long lasting.
117. $4 -> Wooster Brush Q3108-2 Softip Paintbrush, 2-Inch
118. $5 -> Wooster Brush Q3208-2 Softip Angle Sash Paintbrush, 2-Inch
You can get a set of pliers that last a lifetime fairly cheap. I’ve decided to include a $100 set of cobra pliers because sometimes a heavy duty job needs heavy duty pliers, plus I’m sure they can withstand a nuke (just my speculation).
119. $98 -> Knipex 8701560 22-Inch Cobra Pliers
120. $24 -> Craftsman Evolv 5 Piece Pliers Set, 9-10047
I can’t even begin to dive into the world of knives. Keep in mind, ESEE & Fallkniven are pretty much top tier in both quality and ability to last a lifetime. Use these knives as starting points in finding the right knife for your needs.
121. $38 -> ESEE BRK1301OD Avispa Stonewash 5″ Closed 3.5″ Drop Point Blade Folding Knife
122. $108 -> Fallkniven PC Folder Knife w/ Black textured Grilon Handle
As part of my ‘adulting’, I’ve taken the jump into power tools. It got pretty annoying using the same 4 screwdrivers to set up curtains and do plumbing. IIf you are going to invest in power tools, general consensus is that Makita is the way to go.
Obviously your needs might vary, but these are good starting points in finding the right power tool that fits your project.
123. $229 -> Makita CX200RB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit (2.0Ah)
124. $303 -> Makita LCT209W 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit, Black, 2-Piece
Swiss army knife
Swiss army knives do provide great utility and are convenient to carry. While multitools are generally more serviceable, swiss army knives have that ‘cool’ factor. You can’t go wrong with most swiss army knives.
125. $29 -> Victorinox Original Swiss Army Climber Pocket Knife (Red)
126. $44 -> Victorinox Swiss Army Evolution S52 Swiss Army Knife
You want a table saw that is built to be durable and last. I would err on the side of sticking with top brands that have the most flexibility. These are all meant to last multiple lifetimes.
127. $1899 -> Shop Fox W1819 3 HP 10-Inch Table Saw with Riving Knife
128. $1975 -> Grizzly G0691 Cabinet Table Saw with Long Rails and Riving Knife, 10-Inch
Most of the $5 metal tire gauges both kinda suck and I lost them whenI actually need them. Spend the extra $15 and never have to worry about tire gauges ever again.
129. $20 -> Rhino USA Heavy Duty Tire Pressure Gauge (0-75 PSI)
130. $20 -> JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge – 100 PSI
From what I’ve researched, it seems that you are wasting your money if you don’t buy a tool belt from Occidental Leather. I’m only including a couple options as they should be ideal for 80% of those looking for a long-lasting tool belt.
131: $40 -> Occidental Leather 5520 5 in 1 Tool Holder
132. $115 -> Occidental Leather 5055 Stronghold Suspension System
Most toolboxes should already last a lifetime. You mainly want to focus on a toolbox that is pretty durable and actually fits the tools you actually own.
133. $24 -> Stanley 028001L 28-Inch Structural Foam Toolbox
134. $40 -> Plano Heavy-Duty Sportsman’s Trunk, Grey
Elksin leather gloves seem to be the gold standard in having gloves that not only last the test of time, but are also durable as hell. But most cowskin leather gloves are more cost effective and can handle normal day-to-day use without worry.
135. $36 -> American Made Genuine Elkskin Leather Work Gloves , 950, Size: Large
136. $12 -> Memphis Glove 1710L Big Jake Cow Leather Sewn Kevlar Gloves
You really don’t need anything fancy for a workbench that can last a lifetime. As long as you got the tools to build one out of the box, you can get a long-lasting workbench for under $100.
137. $69 -> 2x4basics 90164 Workbench and Shelving Storage System
138. $99 -> WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table and Sawhorse with Quick Clamps and Holding Pegs
“Zippo lighters? Ew…” We get it, you vape. But Zippos hold a place in my heart as they are timeless. But I really do love the designs and as long as you don’t forget where you had it, it won’t ever need to be replaced.
139: $29 -> Zippo Argyle Slim Armor High Polish Chrome Pocket Lighter
140: $12 -> Zippo Brushed Chrome Slim Pocket Lighter
Buy It For Life: Yard Work & Outside Products
When it comes to products that last a lifetime when doing yardwork or maintainance outside, picking the right product for the job can go a long way.
The only two requirement for axes that I have are 1) The handle doesn’t break and 2)The handle doesn’t break. Getting a top tier axe that won’t degrade over time is something we all can get behind.
I’m a sucker for the wood handle axes though.
141. $244 -> Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe
142. $54 -> Fiskars. Iso Core 8 lb Maul, 36 Inch
If you are someone who actually uses a drawknife, chances are you don’t want to mess around with poor quality. I’ll stick with the most well-received drawknife recommendations.
143. $58 -> Ox-Head 10″ x 1-3/8″ Straight Drawknife, OX3752500
144. $32 -> Timber Tuff TMB-10S 10-Inch Straight Draw Shave
Garden tool set
Most garden tool sets offer a wide array of gardening basics. You don’t need to spend hundreds on getting a set that lasts a lifetime. There are multiple options to choose from.
145. $30 -> Vremi 9 Piece Garden Tools Set – Gardening Tools with Garden Gloves and Garden Tote
146. $30 ->TACKLIFE Garden Tools Set, 7 Piece Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Gardening kit
DID YOU KNOW: Gloves tend to run away from their owners (similar to their black-sheep cousin; socks). IMO that’s because no one pays attention poor quality gloves. Get a long-lasting pair of gloves and I’m 99% you’ll actually care for them. I prefer the long-gloves as they are distinguishable.
147. $25 -> Rose Pruning Gloves for Men and Women. Thorn Proof Goatskin Leather Gardening Gloves
148. $21 -> Rose Pruning Thorn Proof Gloves Gardening Gloves
If you want to get a powered lawnmower, then brands such as Honda, Toro, Ferris a great variety of quality mowers. If you have a smaller yard or prefer to use reel mower (like the ones where you push and the grass cuts), there are some solid options as well. Maintenance is a big deal here, your mower can last you decades with proper care.
149. $90 -> Great States 415-16 16-Inch Reel Mower Standard Full Feature Lawn Mower
150. $399 -> Honda HRR216K9VKA 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower with Auto Choke
As long as the picnic table isn’t made of plastic, most outdoor type furniture is designed to last for a very long time.
151. $473 -> Bowman | Wood Outdoor Picnic Table and Benches
152. $77 -> Hopkins 90182ONLMI 2x4basics Picnic Table Kit, Sand (Frames Only)
It seems that a lot of people often discuss getting “anything with a Honda engine” as it stands the test of time. If you are someone that uses a power washer occasionally (at least more than the need to rent), then there are value-driven options.
153. $180 -> Sun Joe SPX4000 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer
154. $371 -> Simpson Cleaning MSH3125-S 3200 PSI at 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer (w/ Honda Motor)
There many different tiers of generators that exist. I want to stick to the most value-driven and long lasting tiers so you won’t get caught up in dark (or don’t want to risk it).
155. $999 -> Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt 120-Volt Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
156. $472 -> Champion 3500-Watt RV Ready Portable Generator with Wireless Remote Start
Any rake that is metallic should work well. The main problem is the how durable the handle is compared to the rake. I wanted to include a pine-needle rake as well because using a regular rake for that is frustrating.
157. $90 -> RPM ez Hand Rake (Pine Needles)
158. $24 -> 63 Inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake – Expanding Metal Rake
A solid shovel shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Most shovels are ideal for day to day use and can be handed down over time.
159. $31 -> Corona Clipper SS26000 16 Gauge Steel Round Point Shovel with 48-Inch Wood Handle
160. $27 -> Bully Tools 82515 14-Gauge Round Point Shovel with Fiberglass Long Handle
Honda, Yamaha & Toro are often highly regarded as the most durable & long-lasting brands for snowblowers. I’m not going to try to show you the ‘latest up and coming’ brand since there isn’t really a way to fully say they will last you a lifetime.
161. $649 -> Honda Power Equipment HS720AA 20″ 187cc Single-Stage Snow Blower
162. $249 -> Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower
Metal filing set
Great for sanding down rough edges. Not ideal for nails or dating your partner that is rough around the edges.
163. $28 -> DS-Space High Carbon Steel File Set with Wooden Handles
164. $29 -> MulWark 9pcs Premium Grade Tempered High Carbon Steel Carpenter File Kit-Round
Buy It For Life: Electronics
NOTE: A lot of electronics that exist aren’t meant to be ‘buy it for life’ so I’m only going to include several electronics that do last a pretty long time. Your milage will vary for these.
In the world of smartphones, the need for an old school alarm clock is vanishing. But hell, I’d be damned if I found someone that had a broken GE radio that we all used back in the 90s. Fun fact, they still exist! You can get them new and they will cost a pretty penny, but you can also get a used one for a fraction of the price.
165. $60 -> Used 1993 GE Digital Clock Radio 7-4612B or (BUY IT NEW FOR $180)
166. $20 -> Travelwey HOME LED Digital Alarm Clock – Outlet Powered
You can probably find some “value” cameras in the mid $300 range. But if you look at high quality youtube videos and top quality photos online, buying a well made camera can last for decades and will bring about great quality. Use these as starting points and check out youtube videos that go over reviews.
167. $495 -> Nikon D3400 w/AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR (Black)
168. $649 -> Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera w/1 Inch Sensor and tilt LCD screen
Electrical & Battery Tester
If you want to test out a regular (AA or AAA) battery, a basic battery tester will do the trick. But if you want to test the charge on other types of batteries and outlets, I recommend Fluke products hands down.
169. $7 -> D-FantiX Battery Tester, Universal Battery Checker for AA AAA C D 9V
170. $91 -> Fluke T5600 Electrical Voltage, Continuity and Current Tester
I’m a fan of having great quality that is built to last. Sure you can spend $300+ on bose or beats, but IMO they are overrated and overpriced compared to headphones that focus on function over fashion. Grabbing some Sony or Sennheiser pro headphones will cost you less than $100 and will last you for decades.
171. $79 -> Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone
172. $99 -> Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphones (old model)
Unless you happened to get an old-school stereo system, I don’t have many too hard recommendations. Old School Magnavox / Panasonic / Pioneer / Marantz well need to be your go-to. You might get lucky with eBay though. Outside of that, I only have one comparable suggestion.
173. $180 -> LG Electronics CM4550 700W 2.1 Channel Shelf System (2015 Model)
With the rise of smartphones doubling down as MP3/music players, the demand for straight-up MP3 players dramatically declined. That doesn’t mean good MP3 Players still exist.
Unfortunately, the problem is that the ones that do exist aren’t really in production anymore. Lots of people who have an MP3 player still enjoy them as they only had one function: Play music (or videos). You’ll notice a lot of these suggestions are ‘discontinued’ so you’ll likely have to get these bad boys used.
Recommendations:174. $99 -> Zune HD 16 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)
175. $60 -> Creative Zen Nano Plus 1 GB MP3 Player (Blue)
176. $135 -> Apple iPod Classic 80 GB Silver (6th Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Buy It For Life: Home & Office
Ditch the cork coasters and step it up a notch, all while preserving the quality of your dinner table.
177. $27 -> CraftsOfEgypt Set of 6 – White Marble Stone Coasters
178. $21 -> Marble Coasters – White Carrara Marble Stone Coasters
This is something that varies based on your needs and how often you use computer speakers. I had a set of free speakers that lasted me about 10 years and the current set I have now is an upgrade (even though I spent $20 on it). But, if you really want to have long-lasting speakers with top quality, I’ve included them as well.
But overall, most speakers that are below $15 are bad, but “bad” could still last you several years. Since I want to help you get a buy it for life computer speaker, consider one of these options.
179. $22 -> Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 with Stereo Sound (I’m currently rocking these, I’m more of a headphone guy)
180. $149 -> Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black)
181. $729 ->Logitech Z-2300 THX-Certified 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer
Computer & Office Chairs
These recommendations are more of a starting point. Obviously, you want to have a chair that lasts forever. But at the same time, you want a chair that is comfortable. You can spend thousands on a badass chair, but in the spirit of trying to bring value I’m also going show off more value-driven chairs.
Realistically, you should go to a furniture store and sit in many chairs to get a feel for what you like before making a decision. That being said, Herman Miller got top marks across the board.
182. $80 -> BestOffice Ergonomic PU Leather High Back Office Chair, Black
183. $496 -> Herman Miller Classic Aeron Task Chair: Tilt Limiter w/Seat Angle Adj
184. $1,295 -> Herman Miller Embody Chair – Graphite Frame/Black Rhythm Textile
Most filing cabinets are made from the same material and are designed to last through the elements. What I’m trying to say is, nearly all filing cabinets are buy it for life so you just need to find one that works for you at home or at the office.
185. $68 -> Lorell 16872 2-Drawer Mobile File Cabinet, 18-Inch
186. $189 -> Scranton and Co 4 Drawer Letter File Cabinet in Black
Similar to filing cabinets, having a fireproof safe means that the only way these bad boys break down is if you go out of your way to explode or destroy the safe. All things considered, no matter the safe you buy, it will last you a lifetime. You know, as long as you don’t lose the keys or forget the code 🙂
187. $30 -> SentrySafe Fire Safe, Fire Resistant Chest, 0.2 Cubic Feet
188. $160 -> AmazonBasics Fire Resistant Safe – 1.24 Cubic Feet
Want to look fancy? Get yourself a fountain pen. People will not only think you are important, but they will also think you spent $100 on something that cost a fraction of the price.
189. $11 -> Pilot Metropolitan Collection Fountain Pen
190. $16 -> Large Fluid Writer Pen By Kemper Tools
Whether it’s for the office or for home use, Brother makers are workhorses can last for decades. I only picked out the most popular ones, feel free to browse and find more Brother label makers as you desire.
191. $32 -> Brother P-touch, PTD210, Easy-to-Use Label Maker
192. $59 -> Brother P-touch Label Maker, PC-Connectable Labeler
Don’t get the pocket laminators, they will only last your a couple years if you use them regularly. Get a top brand laminator and follow directions accordingly.
193. $77 -> Scotch Thermal Laminator 2 Roller System (TL901C)
194. $100 -> Fellowes Laminator Saturn3i 125, 12.5 inch
Call me old fashioned, but when I used to visit my grandparents the always had wood rocking chairs that they have owned for decades. I won’t recommend any other rocking chair. Bonus: I’m including a rocking chair cushion as well.
195. $141 -> Coaster Traditional Medium Brown Wood Rocking Chair
196. $135 -> Belham Living Wood Nursery Rocker – Espresso
197. $37 -> The Gripper Non-Slip Omega Jumbo Rocking Chair Cushions (Bonus Cushion)
As a male, shaving is something that I do semi-regularly. While I’m more of “electronic trim” guy, most most get caught up in using disposable razors. Stop spending hundreds each year and get a safety razor. You’ll need blades but they are super cheap and can last years. The razor itself will last a lifetime and is a great gift to pass down to siblings or other family members.
198. $28 -> Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor
199. $40 -> MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Saftey Razor
200. $9 -> Astra Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades,100 Blades (20 x 5)
Don’t think too much into scissors, getting a decent pair with a strong grip is all you need.
201. $12 -> Fiskars 12-94518697WJ The Original Orange Handled Scissors, 8 Inch
202. $6 -> Fiskars 01-004761J Softgrip Scissors Straight Stainless Steel, 8 Inch
Staplers are meant to be used by force. The problem that most people have is that they want to press their whole body weight on a stapler, causing it unneeded stress and gives it the risk of it not working (or simply trying to staple more than the recommended amount). For the most part, you can get a bad-ass stapler for under $20.
203. $13 -> Swingline Stapler, 747, 25 Sheet Capacity, Rio Red (74736)
204. $17 -> Bostitch B8 Heavy Duty 45 Sheet Plier Stapler, Full-Strip, Black (02245)
You can get a set of storage bins for the closet or for the garage pretty cheap. The great thing about these are that they aren’t flimsy and are sturdy enough to handle a good amount of use. Pick the ideal size and you’re good to go!
205. $37 -> STERILITE 19849806 18 Quart/17 Liter Ultra Latch Box 6-pack
206. $74 -> 66 Qt. Storage Container [Set of 6]
IMO the minimum requirement on getting buy it for life storage shelving is to not get the $20 version at Walmart. Any solid wood or metal storage shelf should last until you decide it looks ugly or something. But it’s functionality can last for decades.
207. $55 -> AmazonBasics 5-Shelf Shelving Unit – Black
208. $70 -> Wire Shelving Units
Remember those old school vacuum cleaner commercials you would see during the price is right? Turns out they are very effective and do last forever. But IMO you don’t need to spend $2000+ on those vacuums when you can get 95% of the quality on comparable vacuums for a fraction of the price.
DON’T GO CHEAP on vacuum cleaners. Back in my dirty basement days trying to spend less than $50 on a vacuum meant a lot of overheating and replacements. The moment I decided to not be cheap was the moment I found my vacuum for life (or at least still working after 5 years instead of 5 months). To date, Miele tends to be the go-to lifetime vacuum cleaner.
209. $258 -> Electrolux EL4335B Corded Ultra Flex Canister Vacuum, Watermelon Red
210. $399 -> Miele Compact C1 Turbo Team Canister Vacuum,Obsidian Black
211. $599 ->Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum,Marine Blue
Washer and dryer
Unless you want to spend $3k+ minimum on an industrial washer and dryer (each), your best bet is to focus on newer tech that is meant for heavy duty.
212. $1099 -> Kenmore Elite 41073 5.2 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer
213. $1049 -> Kenmore 91383 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer in Stainless Steel
I know a lot of wood burning and smoked-meat fanatics. It can be a fairly expensive hobby, but the quality of food is amazing!
214. $699 -> HiFlame Epa Approved Wood Burning Stove HF905U, Small
215. $1249 -> Drolet High-Efficiency Wood Stove
A damn good wool blanket lasts forever. Not only that, they keep you well insulated.
216. $45 -> Bunkhouse Plaid Wool Blankets #NW-WBASBHP 80 x 62 Inches Twin Size
217. $249 -> Pendleton Glacier National Park Full Blanket
Buy It For Life: Sports Equipment and Outdoor Adventure Products
Any sports equipment or products meant specifically for the outdoors are often made to last for decades. Mid and upper tier goods often have lifetime warranties as well.
Almost any decent baseball bat can be used indefinitely.
218. $25 -> Louisville Slugger Youth 125 Ash Genuine Unfinished Baseball Bat
219. $40 -> Louisville Slugger 2018 Vapor -9 USA Baseball Bat
Bicycles are one subject where if you want to buy a $200 bike you won’t get the best performance out of it and you’ll likely have to replace it after several years.
On the flip side, spending more than $2,000 for a bike is for serious biking fans. These middle-tier bikes should last a long while. But bicycles require routine maintenance for them to last for life, so keep that in mind.
220. $1250 -> BEIOU Carbon Fiber 650B Mountain Bike
221. $859 -> BEIOU Toray T700 Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike
If you have a set of binoculars, they should already work. I cannot recall anyone ever needing a new pair of binoculars because their current pair gave out on them. That said, if you are in need of one, check out these choices below.
222. $31 -> Bushnell Falcon 133410 Binoculars with Case
223. $68 -> Wingspan Optics Spectator 8X32 Compact Binoculars for Bird Watching
Canoe / Kayak
We are int he thick of summer and if you want to get into canoeing with your family, head down to the lake and rent one! If you then decide tio actually take canoeing and kayaking seriously, consider some of these options.
224. $964 -> Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Discovery 158 Recreational Canoe
225. $599 -> Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Saranac 146 Recreational Family Canoe
226. $366 -> Sun Dolphin Aruba SS Sit-in Kayak (Blue, 12-Feet)
Most compasses simply do the job needed and work for decades. The key to a good compass is one that goes above and beyond. Silva is one of the top brands when it comes to compasses that last a lifetime.
227. $10 -> Sportneer Military Lensatic Sighting Compass
228. $70 -> Silva Ranger 515 Compass
Bottom line: your cooler will continue to work (as long as it’s not styrofoam). However, certain coolers do a much better job at retaining freshness. You might have heard the term “rotomolded” which is fancy for “pretty damn amazing”.
Anyways, for occasional camping use and BBQs, most mid-tiers are solid. But in case you want the Balls-McGee of coolers, don’t worry, I’ve included that as well.
229. $40 -> Coleman Performance Portable Cooler, 48 Quart
230. $66 -> Coleman Xtreme Series Portable Cooler, 70 Quart
231. $379 -> Pelican Elite 45 Quart Cooler (White)
Fishing pole & reel
Similar to skateboards, finding a good fishing pole and reel often requires some manual configuration. I don’t prefer a ‘full set purchase’ in this case as your needs for fishing will vary. Here are a couple good starting points for long-lasting fishing enjoyment.
232. $40 -> Ugly Stik GX2 Casting Rod
233. $94 -> Daiwa BG BG2500 Spinning Reel
The only thing I know is that I want a hatchet that will help me defend myself for a zombie apocolype, if it beats that test then I already consider it a buy it for life hatchet.
234. $40 -> Estwing Sportsman’s Hatchet – 14″ Camping Hatchet
235. $21 -> Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Hatchet [31-002070]
I don’t think I’ll be able to discuss air-soft hunting rifles within 2 sentences. But generally these types of refiles are built to last a long time as long as you properly maintain it. Pricing is primarily based on features and preference.
236. $90 -> Gamo 6110017154 Varmint Air Rifle .177 Cal
237. $695 -> Benjamin BPBD3S Bulldog .357 PCP Hunting Rifle, Black
I am not a fan of camping. It used to be a semi-regular thing for me. While I did enjoy hanging out with friends and walking the campground as a child, it grew old pretty fast. One of the biggest downers was being in a tent that barely fit me, yet alone 3 people.
Next time you go camping, get a tent that is easy to build and durable as hell.
238. $129 -> Coleman STEEL CREEK FAST PITCH 6-PERSON DOME TENT
239. $229 -> CORE 11 Person Cabin Tent
Similar to thermos, I’m a fan of the stainless steel water bottles. They last forever and in my opinion, keep the taste of water fresh. Plastic water bottles just taste off for me and they aren’t as durable.
240. $43 -> Hydro Flask 40 oz Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel
241. $25 -> Hydro Flask 16 oz Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
242. $16 -> Simple Modern 18 oz Summit Water Bottle – Stainless Steel Hydro Metal Flask +2 Lids
Buy It For Life: Clothing & Travel Accessories
When it comes to clothing or fabics, you get what you pay for. Depending on your day to day use of certain products you can get away with mid-tier quality goods but I would generally focus on sticking to the high-end tier goods if you truly want them to be buy it for life.
I’m not talking about your regular ‘walking around school’ backpack. You want a backpack that is meant to last for years on end. The general consensus is that Chrome tends to be the leader in buy it for life backpacks. However, there are some great mid-level backpacks that have had high praise based on reviews.
243. $180 -> Chrome BG-163-INBK Indigo/Black One Size Barrage Cargo Backpack
244. $104 -> OGIO Renegade RSS Day Pack, Large, Black Pindot
245. $78 -> 5.11 RUSH12 Tactical Backpack, Small, Style 56892, Black
Most beach towels are all the same, but spending around $20 for a quality beach towel should hold you over for countless summers.
246. $19 -> Dock & Bay Microfiber Towel – Beach & Travel
247. $23 -> Microfiber Beach Towel Oversized – XL 70 x 35 Inch
Hanks and Orion are the main leaders when it comes to belts that are built for life. While I do wear belts, I haven’t run into any issue with mine where I paid $20 for it, although the quality does feel cheap. I’m including Binma as they have great ratings but that’s more of a “value” pick compared to the other two.
248. $15 -> BINMA Men’s Belt, Leather Ratchet Belt for Men Dress with Automatic Buckle
249. $63 -> Orion Leather 1 1/2 Rich Brown Bridle Leather Belt
250. $50 -> Hanks Legendary – Men’s Double Prong Leather Belt
When it comes to work-style boots, you want top tier quality. The whole point of these boots ist aht they are supposed to last though anything, including time. Don’t skimp here if you need day-to-day work boots. Red Wing, Danner, and Wolverine 1000 Mile top the list as build it to life boots, I wouldn’t stray too far from that if you are serious here.
251. $305 -> Red Wing Heritage Men’s Iron Ranger Work Boot
252. $298 -> Danner Men’s Explorer Outdoor Boot,Brown,10.5 EE US
253. $365 -> Wolverine 1000 Mile Men’s Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots
Most “weather” boots are focused around dealing with the winter. But Lacrosse and Sorel are often the go-to for weather boots that last a lifetime. I want to mix both men and women boots as they are relevant for everyone.
254. $119 -> Lacrosse Men’s Uplander II 10-Inch Brown Snow Boot
255. $145 -> SOREL Women’s Winter Fancy Lace II Boot,Elk/Grizzly Bear
256. $111 -> SOREL Men’s Cheyanne II Snow Boot
257. $75 -> SOREL Women’s Out N about Leather Snow Boot
Considering there is massive industry regarding women’s dress boots, I’m going to stick with what I’m familiar with. Most dress boots are designed to be long lasting and made from high-quality leather. Usually these dress boots go great with some high quality denims that match the classic fashion male look.
258. $260 -> Allen Edmonds Men’s Higgins Mill Chukka Boot
259. $350 -> Allen Edmonds Men’s Stirling Wingtip with Perfing Detail Fashion Boot
260. $295 -> Loake Mens Bedale Tan Leather Boots
261. $558 -> Tricker’s Mens Stow Boot Marron Antique
FYI, pricing on these types of boots and most leather boats are varied based on size. Don’t skimp on cheap hiking boots, considering I hate hiking to begin with, walking around in poor quality boots makes it that much worse.
262. $112 -> Vasque Men’s Talus Trek UltraDry Hiking Boot
263. $120 -> Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
264. $149 -> Vasque Women’s Talus Trek UltraDry Hiking Boot
265. $379 -> Merrell Men’s Wilderness Hiking Boot
Canvas tote bag
Don’t bother with getting the plastic totes, they break. If you want a tote bag that lasts for years, stick with function over fashion.
266. $22 -> SMRITI Canvas Tote Bag for Women
267. $18 -> ArcEnCiel Women’s Canvas Shoulde Tote Bag
Cedar/Velvet clothes hangers
This is one of the rare products that completes the trifecta of value. 1) Top quality hanger that doesn’t break, ever. 2) Way better than plastic hangers as they give you more space in your closet and makes your clothes less likely to wrinkle. 3) Even if they cost a bit more than plastic hangers, they are pretty affordable and will never need to be replaced.
I’m surprised these hangers are more popular.
268. $24 -> Premium Velvet Hangers Heavy duty – 50 Pack Clothes Hangers
269. $29 -> Cedar Elements Cedar Hangers – 12 Pack
Most clothing irons are made to be long-lasting. But when it comes to buy it for life quality, Rowenta is the leader in that category.
270. $73 -> Rowenta DW5080 Focus 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron
271. $70 -> Rowenta DW9250 1750Watt Auto Shut Off Stainless Steel SolePlate Steam Iron
I don’t think most people really need a day to day steamer, but like all things mentioned no this post, I wanted to find those with buy it for life potential.
272. $175 -> J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer with Plastic Steam Head
273. $92 -> Rowenta IS6300 Master Valet Full Size Garment
I don’t know if I can do this particular item justice. On one hand, I feel like the North Face is overpriced in just about anything. But at the same time when doing my research their duffel bag was mentioned often as buy it for life worthy.
274. $165 -> The North Face Base Camp Duffel, Tnf Black, Large
275. $34 -> Plambag Oversized Canvas Duffle Bag 50L (Value alternative)
I don’t really recommend any other hair dryer besides these two. At least, from the research I’ve seen, Babyliss is on another level in quality and lasting for life. But I’ve read that the Conair 1875 keeps on ticking after multiple years without any trouble.
276. $27 -> Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
277. $85 -> BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Dryer
Most ironing boards should do a great job, just make sure to get an ironing board cover and you should be good to go for the rest of your life. Although you can consider getting a more expensive brand if you want more functionality and ease of use.
278. $13 -> Epica Silicone Coated Ironing Board Cover
279. $82 -> Brabantia Ironing Board with Steam Iron Rest, Size B, Standard
Depending on how often you wear your jacket, the pricing tiers do vary. But usually when it comes to coats/jackets that are world class, Schott tends to get the most recommendations.
280. $290 -> Leather jacket Lc1140 Black Schott L Men
281. $800 -> Schott Classic Perfecto Leather Motorcycle Jacket
282. $780 -> Cockpit USA Men’s B-15 Cowhide Leather Jacket
Timbuk2 reigns supreme when it comes to making a buy it for life laptop bag. They have plenty of styles available and look pretty sweet.
283. $74 -> Timbuk2 Command Travel-Friendly 2015 Messenger Bag
284. $54 -> Timbuk2 116-4-4090 Classic Messenger Bag
In case you have the same luggage as someone else at the airport, keeping a tag can always come in handy.
285. $8 -> Travelambo Genuine Leather Luggage Bag Tags
286. $13 -> Luggage Tags TUFFTAAG, Business Card Holder
It’s just a piece of metal, find something that strictly holds money or money + credit cards. They should last forever.
287. $8 -> Stainless Steel Money Clip
288. $25 -> Storus Men’s Stainless Steel Smart Money Clip
When it comes to buy it for life nailclippers, I have to give credit to where credit is due. This guy goes in-depth with his analysis and feel free to read on over the types of nail clippers what are the best. In this case, I’m going to stick with general nail clippers.
289. $15 -> SEKI EDGE SS-106- Stainless Steel Fingernail Clipper
290. $12 -> Harperton Nail Clipper Set Fingernail and Toenail Clipper
You don’t need to go crazy with a passport cover. You can find a good one that lasts a lifetime for under $10.
291. $8 -> GDTK Leather Passport Holder Cover
292. $8 -> Passport Holder Cover, ACdream Travel Leather
Marmot and Columbia were the top two contenders when it comes to rain jacket quality and longevity. Although when it comes to fashion, I recommend doing your own due diligence. However, feel free to use these rain jackets as starting points.
293. $78 -> Marmot PreCip Women’s Lightweight Waterproof Rain Jacket
294. $45 -> Columbia Men’s Watertight II Front-Zip Hooded Rain Jacket
Ordinary luggage used to be buy it for life quality on its own. But now with rolling luggage, it’s whole functionality is dependent on the quality of materials (wheels, axles, mobility, etc).
295. $341 -> Travelpro Platinum Magna 2 Expandable Spinner
296. $109 -> Samsonite Winfield 2 Hardside 28″ Luggage
Singer & Brother sewing machines are the go-to brands when it comes to getting a buy it for life sewing machine. You can probably get one for free if you ask your grandparents to give you their sewing machine (which would likely be Singer or Brother).
297. $198 -> Singer 4452 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
298. $373 -> Brother Sewing Machine, SE600, Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Technically, all hats are sun-blocking hats. But if you want the world to know you are someone that loves the outside, these hats are made to deal with the sun’s rays.
299. $15 -> DDYOUTDOOR Vvip 07-281 Fashion Summer Outdoor Sun Protection Fishing Cap
300. $52 -> Sunday Afternoons Men’s Charter Hat, Chaparral, Medium
I often need tweezers and never have them around, then spend $6 for one at Walgreens, only to lose it over and over. Get some tweezers that have a place where you can save it.
301. $10 -> Slant Tweezers – TweezerGuru Professional Stainless Steel Slant Tip Tweezer
302. $18 -> Tweezerman Professional Petite Set Slant and Point
There are umbrellas that are great when it comes to working as needed for years on end, but often run into the problem of wind. Umbrellas are ments to be rain resistant and not focused on wind.
If you want a buy it for life umbrella it should be pretty wind resistant. You probably don’t need to spend over $100 if you only need an umbrella every once in awhile.
303. $26 -> GustBuster Classic 48-Inch Automatic Golf Umbrella
304. $119 -> BLUNT Golf Umbrella with 57.5” Canopy and Wind Resistant
Finding a great wallet can be pretty tough. There are 3 wallets that I recommend. Anything from saddleback has phenomenal quality and is built to last a lifetime. Consi
Bellroy was another top quality wallet that was mentioned often in my research, although it is pricier than others.
I also want to mention that you can get world class wallets by checking out the Rose Leather Crafting Wallets from Etsy. Take your time and check out what’s available.
305. $85 -> Saddleback Leather Co. RFID Shielded Medium ID Leather Bifold Wallet
306. $49 -> Saddleback Leather Co. RFID Front Pocket ID Leather Wallets
307. $170 -> Bellroy Not Sleeve Designers Wallet
308. $100 -> Rose Leather Crafting Wallets
I’m including all types of wristwatch tiers that are, ‘buy it for life’ worthy. Most top quality watches are Swiss/German/Japanese made. While some brands are worth more just on that fact alone, I think most people will be happy with a watch that functions right and looks good.
Though from others, it’s claimed that a $2K watch vs a $200 watch is massive in regards to quality. But it seems that the ability to last a lifetime is pretty much the same, but whatever. something something…status symbol, yadda yadda yadda.
309. $145 -> Orient Men’s ‘Mako II’ Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Diving Watch
310. $147 -> Orient Men’s ‘Ray II’ Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Diving Watch
311. $799 -> MARATHON WW194007 TSAR Swiss Made Military Issue Milspec Diver’s Quartz Watch
312. $3015 -> Seiko Men’s ‘Prospex’ Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Diving Watch
HOLY MOLY! After 30+ hours and 10000 words later I am exhausted! I took way too much time researching and talking with others in finding the best buy it for life products available to date.
I tried to avoid “newer” items as they don’t have the staying power to be qualified as “buy it for life” or have the quality that lasts pretty damn long. That said, it’s possible that I might have overlooked some items.
Is there a particular item that you think is ‘buy it for life’ worthy? Fell free to add them in the comment section below.
Also, please share/tweet/mention this article!